Wednesday, April 6, 2011

alcott, ma ke + type

inspiration wednesday.
{alcott, ma ke + type}

this week has been packed with inspiration. getting out of one's routine and city does wonders for this sort of thing. thank you chicago. thank you dear friends.

first inspiration, this quote:

"I love beauty so much that I not only want to possess it myself, but to gain the power of seeing it in all things, and the art of reproducing it with truth." louisa may alcott.

this quote from louisa may alcott has completely inspired me this week. my friend ellen (who was such a joy and inspiration to see this weekend) has it written on her blog. I like the part of reproducing beauty with truth. this has a wonderful way of naming why I love to design + create. there is so much beauty to possess and be found, that through the act of creating I feel as though I have joined in on this galvanizing process.

and I got the new selvedge magazine this week. glorious.

{image via}

there is a spread on the Chinese fashion designer, Ma Ke, that I am in LOVE with. it has little to do with her fashion designs, but everything to do with her apartment. gorgeous! eeep!

{image via}

{image via}

and, finally, I have been inspired by the typographer + illustrator, Adrian Johnson. i first stumbled upon his typography, which I love, but then found some of his illustrations. what's not to love about a regurgitating pac man and a donkey carrying a carrot?

{image via}

{image via}

{image via}

be inspired! happy wednesday.




No comments:

Post a Comment