Friday, January 28, 2011

GRunveiled + Drafting.

It's funny how as soon as I posted about the beauty of winter's slower paced reflection, my life starts to speed on again. ha, someday my life will slow down...but probably not. I guess my 80 year old soul will have to try and keep up with my 25 year old body, once again. {oh, but all I want to do is sew + dip that beautiful nib into that smooth calligraphy ink!} But the things keeping me busy are pretty awesome - I'm really excited about them!

I started a Pattern Drafting class at Kendall College of Art and Design (a seriously cool gift I got for Christmas). This week we drafted our bodice - fun, but very difficult! For someone who still uses her fingers to do simple math, drafting makes my head hurt! But after three hours of 1/4ing, 1/2ing, and 1/3ing my measurements I have a bodice draft that should fit me to a tee (that is if I did all the math correctly!) luckily I have some delightful people in my class to help me along. thanks!

With the help of my dear friend Suzy @ suzannewilliamsdesign, I redesigned my logo. I wanted to keep it simple while incorporating my calligraphy. so here it is:


Another huge highlight for the week was getting into the GRunveiled show. I am thrilled about this! It's a really cool bridal show held at St. Cecilia's downtown Grand Rapids on February 24. I went last year to check it out and loved the vendors that were there -- unique and local, with lots of great design! I can't wait!! If you're interested, check out the website for more information.

Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the last bits of January!

No comments:

Post a Comment